“A huge THANK YOU Jeff for a really fantastic workshop – it was really inspiring for everyone, got them energised and enthusiastic about creating video content. It was great to have your sensitivity and awareness as to where people were coming from and the scene setting and contextualising was just spot on.
Elizabeth Bell: Head of Communications, Royal College of Art, London
Video Production, Digital Storytelling Workshops and Consultancy.
Everyone has a story to tell. Our stories are the windows through which others see us and understand our unique place in the world.
Tigermonkey Productions brings stories to life. With 25 years experience in media, education and storytelling, we specialise in video production, web promotion and digital storytelling workshops.
Tigermonkey Director Jeff Licence is an award winning storyteller and has created films and run workshops for the ABC, Australia Council for the Arts, the Royal Opera House and the Royal College of Art in London, Qld Performing Arts Centre, Griffith & Bond University, Penguin Publishing, Aurecon Engineering, HLB Mann Judd, WSP Global Engineering, Burleigh Brewing, State Library of Qld and the Australian Institute of Architects (plus many more).
Our latest documentary – The Saltwater Story
“Being a film maker used to have such a high bar to entry, especially in terms of the equipment required. But all that has changed and Jeff Licence taught us how to make great videos with nothing but our smart phones and his knowledge of film-making technique.”
Lone Keast | Executive Manager, Partnerships State Library of Queensland
With a 25 year background across education, digital storytelling and media, Jeff has taught thousands of people aged from 5 to 85 how to plan, create and share their own stories.
The digital storytelling workshops are designed to help businesses across all sectors, including marketing, tourism, education, construction, finance and the arts to:
define and extract their unique story/ stories into authentic offerings
understand the essential elements of storytelling
- enhance their ability to share their work or message online
capture quality content (video, photos and audio) with available technology (such as smartphones) to create easily shareable visual sequences
edit footage quickly (via smartphones) into short, sharp videos that capture the essence of an event, character or experience
save time and money on video production
share this self-created content via social media channels, websites and other promotional platforms.
Jeff also operates as a digital storytelling consultant, helping clients plan, develop and devise narrative ideas around their specific communication needs.
This can range from:
- Development, planning and prioritising of story ideas specific to your business
- Individualised story brainstorming, planning, storyboarding to potential production.
- Interview techniques, including asking the right questions and how to get the best from talent.
- Working with presenters, managers, CEO’s etc. on their ‘on camera’ presentation skills.
- Brainstorming story content and angles for future video and audio creations.
- Developing capabilities to shoot, edit, and upload to social media within a quick turnaround time.
- Skills to shoot, edit and publish an event video to social media as it happens from smartphones.
- Using DSLR and smartphone cameras (based on clients equipment) to convey important information and provide a sense of ‘being there’ for an audience.
- Advice on online / social media platforms based on type of content and communication needs.
- Advice on best / most appropriate equipment to purchase.
Contact Jeff on 0432 825 812 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see how he can help.