“Jeff’s clear instruction and skill and passion for the work enabled me to learn the art of film making in a really accessible way that I can definitely transfer into my working life. Thanks so much for a great day! Time to go buy a selfie stick… (never thought I’d say that!).”
Alison Burnley: Events/Project Officer | Partnerships State Library of Queensland
Digital Storytelling Workshops
We all have a story to tell, but sometimes we just don’t know the best way to tell it.
Is your story best expressed through a video, a blog, a podcast or a simple photograph and caption on social media? How do you capture an audiences attention and bring to life internal business communication and reporting?
With so many options for creating and sharing content available, many businesses and organisations aren’t sure how to create interesting content, develop their social media presence and tell meaningful stories so that they can attracts clients.
“This particular video is our best performing video to date and I definitely attribute it to the skills I gained in Jeff’s workshop – a real confidence boost in terms of using an IPhone and IMovie to make quick engaging content to tell a story. I can’t wait to start interviewing people and incorporating a more human element into our future videos.”
Anita Lewis: Online Content Coordinator, Asia Pacific Design Library | State Library of Queensland
Jeff has presented workshops and offered digital storytelling consultancy at Qld Performing Arts Centre, the Australia Council for the Arts, State Library of Qld, ABC, Bond and Sunshine Coast Universities, APSMA (now ICON), Arts Qld Articulate conference, Aurecon Engineering, Education Qld and C&K conferences and teacher and parent professional development programs across Qld.
With a 25 year background across education, digital storytelling and media, Jeff Licence has taught thousands of people aged from 5 to 85 how to plan, create and share their own stories.
Jeff offers a variety of workshop options designed for the business, tourism, arts, education and corporate sectors that will help each client:
- define their own story
- save money on outsourcing video production
- create regular, quality social media content
- share their work or message with a large online audience.
These fun, interactive and practical digital storytelling workshops pick up where previous marketing and social media workshops have left off, by empowering participants to become their own quality content creators.
Clients will learn:
• To hone their storytelling craft through ongoing feedback and supervision, from planning to publishing.
• Understand the structure and elements of storytelling to define and extract their own unique story/ stories into authentic offerings.
• Skills development in using smart phones to shoot video, photograph and record audio, build a visual sequence, conduct interviews, write blogs or create podcasts.
• Skills to shoot, edit and publish a video to social media or their website, all from their smartphones within a short turnaround time.
• Export and publish content to Youtube/ Vimeo/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram etc within a very short turnaround time.
Participants can also receive online follow up for further direction and feedback so that they complete the process and ensure it’s quality before publishing.
“Jeff’s Digital Storytelling Workshop is informative, stimulating, creative and fun! I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to have a crack at digital storytelling.”
Federico Pani: Engagement & Partnerships | State Library of Queensland
To receive an overview of the various workshop options and costs, contact Jeff on 0432 825 812 or email@example.com