Tigermonkey Productions is the portal for the creative talents of Jeff Licence.
Jeff brings 25 years of skills, experience and knowledge in the media, video production, writing, education, workshop facilitation and presentation fields. With a deep understanding of an organisations communication and marketing needs, particularly in the areas of video, social media and online content, Jeff brings a commitment to authentic and quality storytelling to all his clients.
Overview of skills and experience
- Video Production & Digital Storytelling Consultation
- 25 years experience in media and education industries.
- Winner of 2017 Gold Coast Media Award for Best TV Feature story.
- Finalist in 2017 Qld Clarion Awards for Best Television Camerawork.
- Jeff’s clients include The Australia Council for the Arts, Q.P.A.C, Bloomsbury Publishing, Penguin Publishing America, Griffith University, Australian Institute of Architects, Aurecon Engineering, F.S.G and many more.
- Employed as ABC Open Producer from 2014 – 2017, creating video, written and audio content, teaching content creation workshops for the national broadcaster. This role also involved developing community engagement projects, teaching and mentoring novice filmmakers, photographers and writers.
- Large body of video, audio, photographic and written work published on TV, Radio, Newspaper and Magazines, including ABC TV, ABC Radio and ABC On- line and through Tigermonkey Productions.
- Documentaries screened at various Film Festivals and events including Woodford Festival, Byron Bay International Film Festival, Gold Coast Film Festival, Melbourne Federation Square and Sydney Opera House.
- Digital Storytelling presenter and consultant at Griffith University and Arts Qld Articulate conferences, Gold Coast Tourism, QPAC, Bond and Sunshine Coast Universities, Aurecon Engineering, C&K conferences, Podcaster Alana Helbig and teacher and parent P.D sessions.
- Creator and teacher of Media Education Program in private and Education Qld Primary schools.
- Tourism Events Qld preferred supplier for video production and digital storytelling workshops.
- Deputy Chair of the Gold Coast RADF committee.
- Committee member of the White Ribbon Committee & Tugun Progress Association.
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Production – Griffith Uni.
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education – QUT.
Jeff was employed as an ABC Open Producer from 2014 – 2017, creating video, written and audio content for broadcast via ABC TV, radio and online. Jeff’s video work was screened on ABC IView, News 24, 7.30 Report as well as ABC special projects – International Student Stories, Right Wrongs and Mental As.
A video Jeff produced for ABC TV was nominated as a finalist in The Qld Clarion Media Awards and won the 2017 Best Television Feature Story Award at the Macca Awards.
His ABC Open role also involved developing community engagement projects, teaching content creation workshops and mentoring novice filmmakers, podcast makers, photographers and writers.
In 2004, Jeff produced a 12 part radio series for ABC called Earthtalk, which told the stories of positive environmental projects happening across S.E.Q & N.N.S.W. Jeff’s radio work also featured on ABC Radio Nationals Earthbeat program.
Through his filmmaking, education and digital consultancy Tigermonkey Productions, Jeff has worked with QPAC, Griffith & Bond Universities, Penguin Publishing, The Australia Council for the Arts, Australian Institute of Architects, Aurecon Engineering, Education Qld, Burleigh Brewing, Woodford Festival and many more.
Jeff has also shot, edited and produced several music clips, a variety of corporate videos and a range of cultural storytelling projects through indigenous and multicultural organisations in the South East Qld region. Examples of his video work can be seen in the Video Production section.
Jeff has presented about media and the digital world at the Arts Qld Articulate, ECTA and C&K conferences, at various teacher and parent professional development sessions and has been sought out as an advisor for the US based Common Sense Media website, ABC Radio and the Commonwealth Bank Financial literacy program.
As well as his television credits with ABC, Jeff’s films have been screened at various film festivals and events including Byron Bay International Film Festival, Gold Coast Film Festival, Woodford Festival, Melbourne Federation Square and the Sydney Opera House.
Early in 2012, Jeff Licence finished a 3 year documentary project called Kicking off the White Shoes which celebrates the diversity and vibrancy of the Gold Coast’s creative community.
This project was showcased at the Gold Coast Film Festival, Bond and Griffith University screenings and included in the Bleach* Festival 2013 Film Program. In a coup for Tigermonkey, this doco will also be screened at the Woodford Folk Festival in Dec 2013.
Jeff has completed 2 other long form documentaries that build on his interest in community, culture and place making. These docos are 4224 – Making Place, a study of community seen through the eyes off the quirky southern Gold Coast village of Tugun, and Drawn Here – Architecture of the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers, produced in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Architects.
Jeff recently produced a series of short documentary videos for QPAC’s Royal Ballet visit. He is also documenting a 2 year leadership process for the Australian Council for the Arts.
Media Education and Digital Consultancy
Born in Brisbane, Jeff Licence’s skill set combines filmmaking, teaching and writing. Across all of these spheres, the common thread is a love of storytelling.
Jeff began his media career in London in 1990. After studying a B.A in Media Production at Griffith University, Jeff spent several years working for Channel 7 and freelance in media production. He then took a career right hand turn and studied Early Childhood Education at QUT and began teaching in a variety of schools and curriculum areas, including Steiner, environmental education and in the mainstream classroom. In 2005 he established and taught a first of its kind media education program at Surfers Paradise Primary School.
On the back of this work, Jeff currently provides media education consultancy for schools, childcare centres, families and curriculum designers, including the Crèche & Kindergarten Association, A.C.T Health, Pengari Steiner School and the Heart Foundation. He is also an advisor for Common Sense Media (America) and the Commonwealth Bank Start Smart consumer awareness program. Jeff has also been called on as a Media education commentator for ABC Radio in Canberra, Perth and South East Qld. See the Media Workshops and the Teacher and Parents Resources sections for more information.
Alongside his work in education, Jeff has continued to tell stories. Jeff has written 2 children’s theatre shows in collaboration with Nadia Sunde, (his wife and creative partner). Their latest production, Nadia & the Blue Flamingo has been performed at the Qld State Library, Melbourne Recital Centre and the Somerset Festival of Literature and has toured across regional Qld to great acclaim, through the 2013 Artour program.
Jeff has written many articles for magazines and newspapers, including Screen Education, Kids on the Coast, Gold Coast Bulletin, Slow Magazine and the Ocean Road Magazine.
He looks forward to contributing these many skills to your own storytelling adventure.
To Contact Jeff – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 0432 825 812
or leave a comment including your phone number or email address and we’ll be in touch.