Tigermonkey Productions is the portal for the creative talents of Jeff Licence.
Jeff Licence is highly experienced storyteller, documentary filmmaker, writer and educator with 25 years experience. Deeply passionate about the power of storytelling to connect and inspire, his work has been published in a broad range of media including print, audio, photographic, online and film and has appeared on national TV, radio, newspaper and magazine, including ABC radio, online and television.
Jeff’s abilities as a ‘master storyteller’ are combined with his exemplary skills as an educator, mentor and coach, having successfully taught thousands of people aged 5 to 85 years to share their stories in inspiring ways.
Jeff’s success as an educator can also be attributed to his warm sense of humour, kind, calm and nurturing manner, broad life experience and quirky imagination.
Jeff has a keen understanding of an organisations communication and marketing needs, particularly in the areas of video, social media and online content, and enjoys working collaboratively with clients to ensure these needs are being met as they evolve.
- Lecturer in documentary and digital storytelling at Bond University and Queensland College of Art.
- ‘Salt Water Story’ – full length documentary, RADF, Arts Queensland & Australia Council funded.
- Deputy Chair of the Gold Coast Regional Arts Development Fund committee.
- Workshops for The Royal Opera House and The Royal College of Art in 2018.
- Tourism Events Qld preferred supplier for video production and digital storytelling workshops.
- Created video, written and audio content for TV, radio and online.
- Devised and conducted workshops in content creation, writing, photography and video.
- Developed community engagement projects and mentored novice filmmakers, photographers and writers.
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre
- The Royal Opera House (London in Sept 18)
- The Royal College of Art (London in Sept 18)
- State Library of Qld
- Aurecon Engineering
- The Australia Council for the Arts
- Bond University
- Griffith University
- Qld College of Art
- Gold Coast Tourism
- WorkCover Qld
- Penguin Publishing America
- ICON Marketing Network
- Australian Institute of Architects
- ABC Television
- Byron Bay International Film Festival
- Gold Coast Film Festival
- Woodford Festival
- Melbourne Federation Square
- Sydney Opera House
- Winner of 2017 Gold Coast Media Award for ‘Best TV Feature story’
- Finalist in Qld Clarion Media Awards for ‘Best TV Camerawork’
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Production – Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education – Queensland University of Technology QUT
Jeff has presented about media and the digital world at the Arts Qld Articulate, ECTA and C&K conferences, at various teacher and parent professional development sessions and has been sought out as an advisor for the US based Common Sense Media website, ABC Radio and the Commonwealth Bank Financial literacy program.
Jeff has also shot, edited and produced 3 long form documentaries, several music clips, a variety of videos for organisations and businesses and a range of cultural storytelling projects through indigenous and multicultural groups. Examples of his video work can be seen in the Video Production section.
In 2018 Jeff directed, edited and shot ‘The Saltwater Story’. This followed the recreation of an indigenous canoe journey between the Gold Coast and Stradbroke Island in South East Qld. It premiered in May at HOTA (Gold Coast Arts Centre) and received standing ovation.
In 2017 Jeff produced a series of short documentary videos for QPAC’s Royal Ballet visit. He is also documenting a 2 year leadership process for the Australian Council for the Arts.
Jeff has completed 3 other long form documentaries that build on his interest in community, culture and place making. These docos are 4224 – Making Place, a study of community seen through the eyes off the quirky southern Gold Coast village of Tugun, and Drawn Here – Architecture of the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers, produced in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Architects.
Early in 2012, Jeff Licence finished a 3 year documentary project called Kicking off the White Shoes which celebrates the diversity and vibrancy of the Gold Coast’s creative community.
This project was showcased at the Gold Coast Film Festival, Bond and Griffith University screenings and included in the Bleach* Festival 2013 Film Program. In a coup for Tigermonkey, this doco will also be screened at the Woodford Folk Festival in Dec 2013.
To Contact Jeff – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 0432 825 812
or leave a comment including your phone number or email address and we’ll be in touch.