“I really enjoyed the hands on learning.”
HLB Marketing team
“Jeff’s a great trainer who is adept at imparting knowledge about an often complex subject in an engaging way. He effectively trained participants drawn from different professional disciplines – often a challenge, but handled with skill and a smile.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Jeff Licence to anyone keen on up-skilling their team in all things digital storytelling. He made the process easy, enjoyable and extremely rewarding.”
Chris Shipman: Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media
Royal Opera House, London
Digital Storytelling Workshops
How do you best convey your message to capture an audiences attention?
How do you share with staff, volunteers, boards, clients and the public what it is you do with clarity and emotion?
Many organisations have a social media presence but often don’t know how to fill that space with interesting content that will attract the clients and business they want.
Stories are who we are. They reveal the sum of us. We all have amazing stories to tell, and yet sometimes we just don’t know the best way to tell them.
Jeff Licence’s Digital Storytelling Workshops teach the elements of good storytelling and how to plan, shoot, edit and publish quality videos, photographs, blogs and podcasts using tools as simple and available as your smartphone.
With over 25 years experience in education, digital storytelling and media, including 3 years with the ABC as a digital content producer and educator, Jeff has taught thousands of people aged 5 to 85 how to plan, create and share their own stories.
Jeff’s fun, interactive and practical workshops pick up where previous marketing and social media workshops have left off, by empowering participants to become their own quality content creators.
- The Royal Opera House
- The Royal College of Art
- WSP Global Engineering
- Aurecon Engineering
- State Library of Qld
- The Australia Council for the Arts
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre
- FTI Consulting
- HLB Mann Judd
- Bond University
- Griffith University
- Qld College of Art
- Gold Coast Tourism
- ICON Marketing Network
- Australian Institute of Architects.
A participants video, made the day after experiencing a digital storytelling workshop.
There are a variety of workshop and consultancy options available depending on your time frame, budget and needs. Participants will learn:
• To hone their storytelling craft through ongoing feedback and supervision, from planning to publishing.
• Understand the structure and elements of storytelling to define and extract their own unique story/ stories into authentic offerings.
• Skill development in using smart phones to shoot video, photograph and record audio, build a visual sequence, conduct interviews, write blogs or create podcasts.
• Skills to create content and publish it to social media or their website, all from their smartphones within a short turnaround time.
Participants can also receive online follow up for further direction and feedback on their edits before publishing.
“Jeff’s Digital Storytelling Workshop is informative, stimulating, creative and fun! I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to have a crack at digital storytelling.”
Federico Pani: Engagement & Partnerships | State Library of Queensland
“A huge THANK YOU Jeff for a really fantastic workshop – it was really inspiring for everyone, got them energised and enthusiastic about creating video content. It was great to have your sensitivity and awareness as to where people were coming from and the scene setting and contextualising was just spot on.
Elizabeth Bell: Head of Communications, Royal College of Art, London
Jeff has vast experience teaching and advising across many contexts including:
- Corporate and small businesses
- Arts, cultural and government organisations
- Community and Indigenous groups
- Engineering and Construction
- Communications, Marketing and Digital
- Early childhood, Primary and High School teacher professional development
- Children and Parent groups
- University students and lecturers
- Tourism operators and regional bodies
Presentations are tailored to suit various audiences. Although their outcomes differ, all these groups share common needs: to communicate effectively, capitalise on video as the new literacy, tell a good story, develop in house skills and save money on outsourcing.
“A great day. Jeff was a great facilitator who spoke well and made me feel very comfortable within the group.
Great instructor. Practical was excellent and good fun – would recommend.
I’ll use these new skills to take videos when onsite for events and at the office to showcase the company.
I’ll use these new skills when we need to have edited content live online in a very short time, where a computer/full-scale camera aren’t available.”
Gold Coast Tourism Workshop Participants
Jeff offers individualised consultancy to businesses, organisations and individuals wanting to create their own meaningful content, get better at telling their own story and develop deep autonomous skills in using accessible technology to feed their social media channels.
Alongside individualised skills development across storytelling, camera work and editing, consultancy clients receive:
- Development, planning and prioritising of story ideas specific to your business
- Interview techniques, including asking the right questions and how to get the best from talent.
- Working with presenters, managers, CEO’s etc on their ‘on camera’ presentation skills.
- Brainstorming story content and angles for future video and audio creations.
- Developing team capabilities to shoot, edit, and upload to social media within a quick turnaround time.
- Skills to create and publish an event video as it happens from smartphones.
- Using DSLR and smartphone cameras (based on clients equipment) to convey important information and provide a sense of ‘being there’ for an audience.
- Advice on the most appropriate online / social media platforms based on type of content and communication needs.
- Advice on best / most appropriate digital equipment to purchase.
This consultancy package is a deep, comprehensive approach in developing digital storytelling skills and is the most useful and supportive long term process for an organisation.
“Jeff has an uncanny knack for being able to look at a project in its fullness but then drill down into the details to pull out exactly what’s working and what isn’t. Jeff was able to assist me in a very comprehensive, gentle and easily explained way to improve those areas. There is a marked improvement in the episodes I’ve released since working with Jeff and I have to say, I’m now incredibly proud of what I’m creating.”
Alana Helbig: Storyteller, Podcaster, Women’s podcast mentor
Contact Jeff for a detailed proposal of the various workshop options on 0432 825 812 or email: email@example.com